For many of us, December brings a lot of hustle and bustle. We want to have the best holiday season, so we must prepare the best food, have the best lighting & decorations, cram in plenty of parties, and more.
No. Stop. Take a breath.
Instead of getting caught up in the rush that can characterize December, I invite you to step out of that stream. Take time to rest, relax, rejuvenate, so you can truly celebrate.
In the spirit of taking time for oneself, I will be taking the rest of the month off from my blog. I hope to see you all newly refreshed in January! I’m leaving you with more questions than usual so you can contemplate all month long.
1. What feelings does the word “rest” evoke in you?
2. Do you have a good bedtime routine?
3. What impact does poor rest have on the rest of your life?
4. When do you feel entitled to some relaxation?
5. Are the things you use to relax truly restful for you? For example, do you really want chocolate, a TV marathon, potato chips, or whatever your default relaxation plan is, or is there something new that would leave you feeling more relaxed and refreshed?