This summer, I celebrated my tenth anniversary with my sweetie. After returning from the amazing vacation/camp-out we shared, my heart was so full. There is so much to be grateful for.
- Cuddling in a tent while it rained outside
- Watching a completely black banana slug eat and realizing it was so quiet in the forest, we could hear it munching
- Meditating by the river, unable to hear anything but its rushing pulse
- Not looking at a clock for days on end
- Soaking away the aches of carrying a heavy pack in a natural hot spring
And there was so much more! Spending so much time with my sweetie was really heart opening. I learned a lot about the way we connect, how we move in each other’s space over time. I’m grateful for and to her, for a wonderful trip together and for all she has been in my life. I look forward to many more years together.
Finally, the conditions of camping made me grateful for things we take fore granted. I’m grateful for hot showers, bathrooms with soap, soft beds, and meals that don’t need to be cooked over a grill. I’m grateful for living in a country, making the money, and having a job that makes taking a vacation possible. I’m grateful for how deeply fulfilled and refreshed that magical week left me.
What have you been feeling grateful for? Share in the comments!