In a time when many in this nation are experiencing fear and despair, you may be thinking- inspiration? How can we possibly feel inspired at a time like this? But I say- how can we not hold on to what makes life important at a time like this? So I invite you to contemplate the following:
- What areas of your life leave you feeling drained of inspiration? Why?
- What needs to change to allow more inspiration into your life?
- What connections inspire you?
The world outside the train windows
Falls away Continue reading
O, first fledgling flower
Pushing up through the softened dirt
Rains droop your head
your softness bending to the earth
your bright-faced beauty shining in the glimmer of raindrops
What is this beauty that reaches up
even as it lies low?
What do you teach,
o simplicity, on this dim morning?
and I wonder.
In this merry and busy time of year, we sometimes forget to take some time for ourselves. Remember to rest and relax.
- How do you value letting go?
- When are you planning to rest this season?
- Who takes care of you?
- What act of self-care nurtures you?
- How can you spread a sense of peace?
On the one hand there is this: our fierce, bloody warriors. Battle paint, sacrifices, divination, blades blessed to strike true, protection marked on the skin, sacred drinks quaffed. Continue reading
The Egyptian goddess Isis-Aset, to whom I am dedicated, was honored at a ritual this past summer. Here is a glimpse…